This chickpea noodle soup is a comforting dish year-round, yet uplifting when I'm feeling under the weather. While vegan, it still mimics the textures and flavor of classic chicken noodle soup. 😋
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups slightly mashed garbanzo beans (chickpeas) (see cooking tip)
- 1 cup mixed vegetables
- 1 cup grain (white and brown rice, farro, and barley all work) (or 8 ounces of any noodle)
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put all the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-50 minutes (depending on grain/noodle choice).
- Cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Top with sliced green onions and nutritional yeast.
- Serve and enjoy!
While mashing the garbanzo beans, take off any skins you see. Feel free to play around with the seasonings, paprika for example.
Calories: 350 (1464.4 Kilojoules), Total Fat: 3.2 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 172 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 67 g, Dietary Fiber: 13.1 g, Total Sugar 7.2 g, Added Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 13.4g, Vitamin A: 156.5%, Vitamin C: 7.1%, Calcium: 9.6%, Iron: 27.4%, Potassium: 720.9 mg