This is my favorite thing to eat with dinner. I am happy to share my first healthy high-protein recipe with you, and I hope it is fantastic!
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 9-10 Minutes + Preheat
- 3/4 cup chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour (affiliate link)
- 3/2 cup + 1 tbsp warm water
A pinch of the following seasonings:
- Dried rosemary
(If you would like thicker bread, increase the flour and water to one cup.)
1. Put a 10-inch cast-iron pan into your oven and preheat it to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (375 for an electric skillet).
2. While the pan and oven are heating, put flour, water, and any seasonings, herbs, or spices you would like, and whisk thoroughly. (I like basil, oregano, thyme, dill, rosemary, cumin, pepper, and garlic.)
3. Once your oven is preheated, take the cast-iron pan out, lightly spray it with oil, and pour the batter onto it, evenly spreading over the pan's surface. You will have to pick up the pan (with a mitt!) and rotate it to cover the bottom with the batter.
4. Place the cast-iron pan back into your oven and cook for 9 minutes (10 in an electric skillet).
5. Carefully take the pan and flatbread bread out of your oven and top it with whatever you like. (I personally like parsley and nutritional yeast.)
6. Cut into 3/4-inch square pieces.
Socca bread is best shared.
Calories: 190, Total Fat: 2.3 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 21 g, Dietary Fiber: 8 g, Total Sugar 1.5 g, Added Sugars: 0 g, Protein 8.5 g, Vitamin A: 4.2, Vitamin C: 3.7%, Calcium: 7.1%, Iron: 18.6%, Potassium: 607.3 mg