This dip is so tasty it disappears! It is a variation of the well-known cowboy salad and is fast and easy to make. It is always a hit at every family gathering and perfect to take to parties and even keep at home!
Preparation Time: 10-15 Minutes
Refrigeration Time: 1 Hour
- 15 oz (425 grams) can of fire-roasted tomatoes
- 15 oz (425 grams) can of corn (3/4 cup frozen or fresh)
- Two 15 oz (425 grams) cans of beans (black beans are the best, but you can do a variety of spicy black beans, regular black beans, or even pinto beans)
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro (or more to taste)
- 3 chopped green onions or 2 tablespoons of chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) of medium salsa
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) of lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) of cumin (or more to taste)
- Salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 chopped medium avocado
- Drain the cans in a colander
- Add every ingredient, except for the avocado, to a serving bowl and stir
- Cover the bowl and let it refrigerate for about an hour
- Add the avocado and serve (with tortilla chips)
You can use the leftovers of this dip as a topping for nachos, the insides of a burrito, or the base of a tortilla soup. If you prefer to cook your own beans or cut tomatoes, feel free to do so.
This dip is similar to cowboy salad. This recipe makes approximately 7 servings of 3/4 cup each.
Nutrition Information (3/4 cup):
Calories: 150 (630 Kilojoules), Total Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 0.5 g, Cholesterol: mg, Sodium: 350 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 21g, Dietary Fiber: 6g, Total Sugar 6g, Added Sugars: 0g, Protein 5g, Calcium: 7.6%, Iron: 6.5%, Potassium: 424mg, Vitamin A: 17.1%, Vitamin C: 9.7%