You will never know that sweet potatoes are the main ingredient in this cake! It is sweet, but not too sweet. You can eat it on any occasion or as a snack.
Preparation Time: 10-15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 23-25 Minutes
- 3/4 cup of peeled, cooked, and cooled orange sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (see baking tip)
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat or spelt flour
- 1/4 cup monk fruit sweetener (affiliate link)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt substitute (affiliate link)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Lightly coat a pan with oil, and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a blender (or using a handheld blender) puree the sweet potatoes, water, syrup, balsamic vinegar, and vanilla extract until the mixture is completely smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Transfer everything to the pan and bake for 23-25 minutes.
- Cool on a cooling rack.
Sprinkle with nondairy chocolate chips, if you wish.
Nutrition Information (Allulose Syrup and Whole Wheat Flour):
Calories: 70 (Kilojoules), Total Fat: 0 g, Saturated Fat: 0 tg, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 180 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 103 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Total Sugar 1 g, Added Sugars: 0 g, Protein: g, Calcium: 4%, Iron: 6%, Potassium: 42.6 mg, Vitamin A: 362%, Vitamin C: 0%,