This is an easy go-to pasta salad for lunch or a side. From the tomatoes to the avocado, this dish is very flavorful!
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes (Cooking Time Included)
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 8 oz (225 grams) of tri-color rotini noodles (any fancy noodles work, including shells and bowties)
- 10-14 sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 of a 15 oz (425 grams) can of chopped black olives (feel free to use the kalamata or green varieties)
- 6 oz (170 grams) of artichoke hearts (marinated or not)
- 1/2 of a cubed avocado (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil your noodles of choice according to the package directions
- Rinse and strain the noodles in cold water
- Add the noodles and the other ingredients to a bowl and stir until mixed thoroughly
- Refrigerate any leftovers
If you want to make this recipe faster, substitute the red wine vinegar, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
If you would like to boost the protein of this meal, experiment with adding some tuna, tofu, chicken, or even salmon.
Nutrition Information (One Serving, Without Avocado):
Calories: 275 (1150 Kilojoules), Total Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 0.8 g, Cholesterol: mg, Sodium: 490 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 44 g, Dietary Fiber: 5.4 g, Total Sugar 3g, Added Sugars: 0g, Protein 8 g, Calcium: 5.6%, Iron: 11.5%, Potassium: 131.4 mg, Vitamin A: 32.8%, Vitamin C: 12.3%,
Nutrition Information (One Serving, Without Avocado and One Can of Tuna in Water):
Calories: 305 (1275 Kilojoules), Total Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 0.8 g, Cholesterol: mg, Sodium: 560 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 44 g, Dietary Fiber: 5.4 g, Total Sugar 3 g, Added Sugars: 0 g, Protein 16 g, Calcium: 5.6%, Iron: 11.5%, Potassium: 131.4 mg, Vitamin A: 32.8%, Vitamin C: 12.3%,