This awesome chickpea spread is perfect for sandwiches, burritos, wraps, and dips! With a tangy dressing of freshly squeezed lemon, Dijon mustard, and red wine vinegar, mixed with crunchy diced bell pepper, celery, and capers, all combined with mashed chickpeas, it's a quick and easy recipe perfect for a healthy and tasty lunch addition or snack.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- 2 teaspoons milk (I prefer soy milk)
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kelp granules (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon maple or allulose syrup
- 1 cup drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, whisk all of the liquid ingredients except the chickpeas.
- Mash the chickpeas slightly. Add them to the mixture and stir in the solid ingredients.
- Serve as a dip or the inside of a sandwich, burrito, warp, or sushi.
Calories: 128 (535 Kilojoules), Total Fat: 2.5 g, Saturated Fat: 0.25 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 374 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 19.6 g, Dietary Fiber: 6.3 g, Total Sugar 4.1 g, Added Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 6.6 g, Vitamin A: 3.1%, Vitamin C: 30.9%, Calcium: 7.5%, Iron: 12.1%, Potassium: 293.6 mg